The EVD evolution series of controllers for electronic valves is the latest step in the development of the famous CAREL drivers for superheat control.
Compared to the standard EVD, this instrument adds advanced functions and a new user interface that makes it even easier to use and configure.
A new graphic display and a simple programming procedure allow the controller to be started by selecting just 4 parameters: refrigerant used, model of valve, type of pressure probe and application (chiller, display cabinet, etc.), selected from the multiple choice menus.
• superheat control with auxiliary protectors - MOP, LOP, low superheat
• assisted start-up procedure (just 4 parameters)
• connection diagram visible on the display
• multilanguage graphic display, with “help” on the various parameters
• management of multiple units of measure
• user management with passwords to access different levels of configuration
• copy parameters to other EVDs using the display
• LEDs for monitoring the main parameters
• use of ratiometric or 4-20mA transducers (the latter shared between several drivers)
• second digital input for defrost management
• possibility to use backup probes
Combined with the CAREL ExV series electronic expansion valves, the EVD evolution driver forms an integrated control system for the evaporator that optimises operation and achieves high levels of energy saving.
The CAREL electronic expansion valves are
currently available for cooling capacities up to